Japan University Accreditation Association (JUAA) is a voluntary organization of higher education institutions. Taking several U. S. accreditation agencies as a model, it was established in 1947 with 46 initial member institutions which include national, local public and private universities.
Our mission is to promote the qualitative improvement of higher education institutions in Japan through the voluntary efforts and mutual assistance of member institutions and to contribute to international cooperation such as educational and research activities in higher education institutions.
To achieve our mission, JUAA will:
- Conduct third-party evaluation of higher education institutions
- Establish Standard for higher education Institutions
- Conduct research on higher education
- Provide advice and support for quality enhancement of higher education institutions
- Hold seminars, workshops and symposiums
- Cooperate with overseas quality assurance agencies
- Publish materials about quality assurance of higher education